Saturday, December 1, 2007

Tagging, folksonomies and technorati Part 1 del.icio.us

My link to my del.icio.us page is included on this blog. Its up at the right.

I have found del.icio.us to be the most challenging site so far, conceptually. It seems to be boggling my brain quite a lot to adjust to a different way of organising bookmarks. I always knew I was a folder queen, but I didn't know how attached I am to them. I am happy to keep on practising with it, because I believe them that it will work out to be very easy and quicker. It is already very interesting to see other people's choices and comments. I use Firefox all the time, so I think it will work very well with that. I don't know how much my experience would be shared with other internet users at the library. For those who have been using the internet as long as they can remember I suspect there would be a quick take up. I'm not sure about the baby boomers who have adopted the internet in the past 10 years. At the second I find it easier to see how others at the library might use this, than how I could use it to find any of my bookmarks!!

No comments: