Sunday, December 2, 2007

Discovering web 2.0 tools

I had a look at Biblio.com It is hard for a book lover to go past a book site! It seems a very reputable commercial shopfront for buying primarily rare or out of print books. I found several by Barbara Deming I might be interested in!! It made me realise that I haven't been thinking about the more commercial activities as web 2.0. Of course they involve interaction, of a sort, but I think of web 2.0 as somehow the more exciting, fun stuff. I use a lot of commercially related web 2.0 sites all of the time, so I suppose they don't seem as exciting. It was interesting to see the opportunities on the site for discussions on books and all sorts of other things. I could see discussions that had happened over a couple of week period to sort out returns of money from credit cards when booksellers couldn't fill a book order. I found it one of the ways I decided that the site seems reputable. I'm not sure how this could be used in a library context. I will be looking at lots of the other sites that received awards.

No comments: