Sunday, December 2, 2007

Podcasts, smodcasts!

I have selected a podcast that shows in my bloglines over to the right as 'City talks - building better cities' that examines how places can be designed/supported to encourage community. I found this using podcast.net I found it to be a very easy site that was well organised. I think there are a lot of very interesting podcasts out there. Again, I am not entirely sure of their application in our library service because of the issues regarding the slow speeds of the dial up internet access that many peope use in our country area. I'm not even sure what could be supported direct at our library. In the future I think it could be a good tool for the library to use, perhaps book reviews, guided historical walks along our bushwalking tracks, guided talks on natural features like our recently extinct volcano, guided talks about historical and local flavour things (like our tree of knowledge!). Lots of focussed local information eg about the current debate on windfarms in our area.

No comments: